- Rainy season: April to May is when heavy rains saturate the land.
Chem Chem Lodge closes 1 April — 14 May | Little Chem Chem and Forest Chem Chem close 1 April — 31 May
- Dry season: June to October provides wonderful game viewing landscapes.
- Green season: December to March is when the land is lush with passing showers. A great time to see the legendary flamingo migration as hundreds of thousands of the blush-coloured birds descend on Lake Manyara. It’s also calving time when the land comes alive with new young things.
|Average Day||Average Night|
|January - March||29°C / 84°F||17°C / 63°F|
|April - June||26°C / 79°F||16°C / 61°F|
|July - September||25°C / 77°F||14°C / 57°F|
|October - December||29°C / 84°F||17°C / 63°F|
- Children aged 6 years and over are welcome at Chem Chem Lodge and Forest Chem Chem
- Children aged 8 years and over are welcome at Little Chem Chem.
- Lodge Suites & Camp Tents accommodate 1 child sharing with parents at the Lodge and Little Chem Chem (no additional beds are available at Forest Chem Chem).
- The Chem Chem Lodge Family Suite and Little Chem Chem Family Tent each has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and can accommodate up to 3 children (under 16) and 2 adults.
- The Forest Chem Chem Family Tent has 2 bedrooms, 2 en-suite bathrooms and can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children (under 16).
- If the Lodge is hired exclusively, children of all ages are welcome.
- All children must be accompanied by parents/guardians on all safari activities.
- Check in: From 14:00. Check-out: Until 10:00.
- Credit cards: Visa and MasterCard are accepted at Chem Chem.
- Electricity: Chem Chem Lodge has 220V mains power. Little Chem Chem and Forest Chem Chem are solar powered with generator back-up. All have UK plugs.
- Wi-Fi: Available at Lodges and Camps in the main areas and all the suites and tents. Please note that connection speed is variable.
- Health requirements: Yellow fever vaccinations are compulsory for East Africa destinations. Chem Chem is in a malarial zone, please consult your doctor or travel clinic prior to travel.
- Time zone: Tanzania uses East Africa Time and is UTC/GMT +3 hours.
- Travellers need a valid visa unless their countries have agreements with Tanzania that waives the visa requirement.
- Visas are issued at the main entry points into Tanzania: Kilimanjaro International Airport, Julius Nyerere International Airport at Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar Airport; or pre-departure at the office of a Tanzanian representative abroad.
- Cost is from $50 per person for a single-entry visa. Click here to go to the Tanzania Government Web Portal.
|Chem Chem Lodge||3.743671°S||35.850341°E|
|Little Chem Chem||3.84458362°S||35.90817028°E|
|Forest Chem Chem||3.480244°S||35.54062°E|