- Rainy season: April to May is when heavy rains saturate the land.
Chem Chem Lodge closes 15 March — 24 May | Little Chem Chem closes 1 April — 31 May | Forest Chem Chem closes 1 January — 31 May
- Dry season: June to October provides wonderful game viewing landscapes.
- Green season: December to March is when the land is lush with passing showers. A great time to see the legendary flamingo migration as hundreds of thousands of the blush-coloured birds descend on Lake Manyara. It’s also calving time when the land comes alive with new young things.
|Average Day||Average Night|
|January - March||29°C / 84°F||17°C / 63°F|
|April - June||26°C / 79°F||16°C / 61°F|
|July - September||25°C / 77°F||14°C / 57°F|
|October - December||29°C / 84°F||17°C / 63°F|
- Children aged 4 years and over are welcome at Chem Chem Lodge and all ages at Forest Chem Chem
- Children aged 8 years and over are welcome at Little Chem Chem.
- Lodge Suites & Camp Tents accommodate 1 child sharing with parents at the Lodge and Little Chem Chem (no additional beds are available at Forest Chem Chem).
- The Chem Chem Lodge Family Suite and Little Chem Chem Family Tent each has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and can accommodate up to 3 children (under 16) and 2 adults.
- The Forest Chem Chem Family Tent has 2 bedrooms, 2 en-suite bathrooms and can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children (under 16).
- If the Lodge is hired exclusively, children of all ages are welcome.
- All children must be accompanied by parents/guardians on all safari activities.
- Check in: From 14:00. Check-out: Until 10:00.
- Credit cards: Visa and MasterCard are accepted at Chem Chem.
- Electricity: Chem Chem Lodge has 220V mains power. Little Chem Chem and Forest Chem Chem are solar powered with generator back-up. All have UK plugs.
- Wi-Fi: Available at Lodges and Camps in the main areas and all the suites and tents. Please note that connection speed is variable.
- Health requirements: Yellow fever vaccinations are compulsory for East Africa destinations. Chem Chem is in a malarial zone, please consult your doctor or travel clinic prior to travel.
- Time zone: Tanzania uses East Africa Time and is UTC/GMT +3 hours.
- Chem Chem Lodge: +255 689 119 349 | +255 689 104 232
- Little/Forest Chem Chem: +255 682 564 293 | +255 689 104 232 | +255 699 759 279
- Travellers need a valid visa unless their countries have agreements with Tanzania that waives the visa requirement. Please enquire to check if you are exempt.
- We strongly recommend all guests obtain a visa prior to arrival by applying online HERE or at the office of a Tanzanian representative abroad. Visas can be obtained on arrival, but includes a process that could take in excess of 2 hours.
- Click here to go to the Tanzania Government Web Portal for more information on entry to Tanzania..
|Chem Chem Lodge||03°44'46"S||35°50'38"E|
|Little Chem Chem||03°50'41.8"S||35° 54'29.6"E|
|Forest Chem Chem||03° 48.07 2"S||35° 54.376"E|