- The new Chem Chem airstrip is available for private charters only and is easily connected with other safari airstrips and airports. For any reason that aircraft are unable to land on our airstrip such as weather, flooding, earth tremors etc, then we will divert flights to Manyara or Kuro airstrips and transfer guests by road at no additional cost.
- The closest international airport is Kilimanjaro. Depending on flight arrival time you may need to overnight in Arusha, and start your safari the next day.
- If overnighting in Arusha, we suggest a 20-minute scheduled charter flight from Arusha Airport to Kuro Airstrip in the Tarangire National Park: Your safari starts at touchdown! Your guide will collect you in a game-viewing vehicle with a coffee box or lunch and you will wind your way through the bushveld to Chem Chem Lodge, Little Chem Chem or Forest Chem Chem.
- An alternative option is to take a road transfer from Arusha to Chem Chem.
- If flying in from the Serengeti, it is best to arrive at Lake Manyara Airport with a road transfer to Chem Chem.
VEHICLE TRANSFER TIMES
|Airport||Chem Chem Lodge||Little/Forest Chem Chem|
|Chem Chem Airstrip||10 minutes||40 minutes|
|Kilimanjaro||3½ hours||3½ hours|
|Arusha||2 hours||2 hours|
|Kuro (game drive)*||3 - 4 hours||2½ - 4 hours|
|Lake Manyara||2 hours||2 hours|
|* Recommended access to Chem Chem Lodge, Little Chem Chem and Forest Chem Chem|